Cosmetic Excellence. Stunning Smiles.
Sparkling white teeth rarely just happen naturally. As you age, those pearly whites become stained, turning varying shades of yellow, brown or gray. If you’re a coffee or wine drinker, or you smoke, you can accelerate or worsen this problem. You may have tried the over-the-counter options to no avail. Why not turn to your local dental office for help?
Teeth whitening is a common service offered in the dental setting. It’s considered safe and effective when done professionally to achieve the brighter smile you’ve always wanted. It also happens to be one of the more affordable cosmetic dental procedures out there. Did you know that in-office teeth whitening can lighten teeth three to eight shades in just one hour? It’s true. The results are fast, effective, long-lasting and quick.
Some benefits to professional dental bleaching over OTC creams include:
- Faster results
- Better protection of sensitive gums and tooth-root surfaces
- More effective
- Longer lasting
- Professionally supervised
- More dramatic results
The first step in the process is for your dentist to give you an oral exam to assess your individual situation. This will help him decide if your tooth discoloration is actually due to a dental condition that needs to be treated. Just be careful who you allow to apply bleaching to your teeth, as there are risks involved when enlisting the help of untrained personnel within shopping malls and kiosks, for example. It’s best to talk to your dentist first before making any decisions.
Most Insurance Accepted Including:
Dental Bleaching Options
There are many professional whitening methods, all of which utilize high-concentration bleaching gels that you can’t get over the counter.
- In-Office Whitening: This option features the most powerful whitening solutions within the quickest amount of time. A protective barrier will be placed over your gums and tooth-root surfaces, then a thin plastic device called a retractor will hold your lips and cheeks away from the teeth during treatment. The dentist will then apply a professional-strength hydrogen peroxide gel, to be left on for one hour. You’ll notice results immediately upon removal.
- Take-Home Whitening: This option is also effective but it takes more education and discipline on your part. However, it may take several weeks to notice the level of whiteness you want. The dentist will take a mold of your teeth, which will result in two custom-made thin, flexible plastic mouth trays for both the top and bottom teeth. Every day at home, you will fill the trays with whitening gel and put the trays on your teeth for about an hour.
How to Care for Your New Smile
Keeping your teeth white for as long as possible should be a priority. Dental bleaching can last between six months and two years, but this time frame will vary by person. Avoid eating foods and drinking beverages that can stain your teeth, such as tea, coffee, wine, and blueberries. Now’s the time to quit smoking and start a new chapter in your life.
It’s also important to keep up your regular brushing and flossing routine every day, and don’t forget to schedule six-month visits to the dentist. You may need minor touch-ups every so often, either in the office or at home. With a little effort, you can maintain a beautiful smiles for years to come! Call Redwood Dental to get that brilliant smile you’ve always wanted! We can be reached at (800) 462-2222 or call and visit our many locations for cosmetic dentistry.
Beautiful and Natural Looking Results from Redwood Dental
- Cosmetic Dentistry Redford Township MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Fenton MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Woodhaven MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Westland MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Warren MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Troy MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry St. Clair Shores MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Shelby Township MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Madison Heights MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Canton MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Roseville MI
- Cosmetic Dentistry Livonia MI